Saturday, May 3, 2008

Weekend Change of Pace

I'll continue stories about my misadventures of being a Lazy Trainer in my next post, but this one is going to be a catch-all for several things that near and dear to my heart.

One is the Make-A-Wish foundation. I saw several stories this week that really impressed me.

One was on Dog Whisperer about a young woman, suffering from cancer, who wants to be a Dog Whisperer. She, her family and dogs were sent to California for a session with Cesar Millan. I'll have more in later posts about children who are especially gifted when it comes to animals. This is just as great a talent as being able to play music or paint pictures in my opinion, but is seldom recognized as such.

The next story was about another young woman who is battling a different type of cancer. Her wish was for a house to provide shelter for orphans in Zambia. Here is a link to her story and how you can help her make her wish come true. Make-A-Wish provided seed money for the project. http://www.legacymissions.org/

I've recently become aware of Zambia because a friend and her husband went there on a mission trip recently. She wrote a blog on April 30, 2008 that is also worth reading. Mary Ann's View

Also, please note Mary Ann's post about the wall along the Border. I have other reasons I'm against this project (WHEN in all the history of the world have such walls worked?) but this is one potential problem we need to be aware of and conduct some studies on before arbitrally throwing up such a barrier.

I'll get back to revealing the Secrets of a Lazy Trainer in my next post by telling you how someone who doesn't WANT to be a leader (me) can become one anyway.

No comments: