Friday, April 23, 2010

This is my brain on chemo; skip, blipt, skip, duh...

One of the problems I didn't know I'd have when I started chemo is the effect of the chemotherapy drugs on my brain. My mind skips and jumps around like one of those old vinyl records that has been scratched up. I'll begin with what seems like a very good idea only to have it vanish before I get to the end of it and a new one takes its place only to vanish in its turn.

All of this skipping is even worse during and immediately after my treatments. My doctor and others who've gone through this particular treatment assure me that all of this will go away once chemo treatments are finished. I certainly hope so. I want to get back to being able to write coherently on a regular basis instead of just now and then.

I'd meant to record more of my experiences, but I now see this is going to have to happen after the fact. Meanwhile the chemo appears to be successful and I am nearing the end of treatment. Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. I know they've helped tremendously.

No comments: